Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of the large intestine (colon). The colon is the part of the digestive system where water is removed from undigested material, and the remaining waste material is stored. The rectum is the end of the colon adjacent to the anus. In patients with ulcerative colitis, ulcers and inflammation of the inner lining of the colon lead to symptoms of abdominal pain, Diarrhoea and rectal bleeding.
- Are you suffering from Bleeding in stool with increased bowel frequency?
- Are you getting Weakness due to loss of water and blood in stool?
- Are you continually taking steroids?
- Are you getting diarrhea mixed with blood and mucus?
- Are you having weight loss and blood on rectal examination?
Then you have to take medical attention regarding Ulcerative colitis with our Specialist.
- Known as Pittaj Grahani in Ayurveda, Ulcerative Colitis is primarily a disease of Pitta Dosha, with varying degrees of Vata involvement in some cases.
- The excessive consumption of Pitta-aggravating foods and lifestyle initially damages both rakta dhatu (blood tissue) and mamsa dhatu (muscle tissue), leading to formation of ama that gets deposited between the villi in the intestines, forming a smooth coating that impairs the normal function and immunity of the intestines.
- Vata Dosha in the lower colon is also aggravated and in the early stages blocks the Pitta and Kapha channels, causing inflammation, mucous accumulation and edema.
Ayurvedic treatment of Ulcerative Colitis involves gently eliminating the ama, restoring healthy digestion and creating a bacterially-friendly environment in the body.
After the basic strength and immunity of the body is restored, the treatment focuses on natural healing of the ulcers.
- Detoxification purification therapy
- Naturopathy therapy
- Panchkarma therapy