It is defines as a failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Infertility can arise from either of the partners.
- Infertility is usually because of low numbers or poor quality of sperm in men whereas in woman, it occurs when she is not able to produce eggs regularly or because her fallopian tubes are damaged or blocked and the sperm cannot reach her eggs.
- Ayurveda has been successful in treating infertility since several thousand years without the help of modern advances in medicine as it gives the ability to the infertile women or couples through treatment to become fertile, to improve the overall health of the women to be able to conceive naturally without the aid of western medicine.
Four Essential Elements of Fertility
For conception to occur, Ayurveda says that there are four essential components that must work together optimally:-
- Timing (rtu):- Considerations for Timing (Rtu) of Conception.
- The field (kshetra):- Considerations for The Field (Uterus).
- Fluids and nutrition (ambu):- Healthy and Nutritious Fluids (Ambu).
- The seed (bija):- Considerations for The Seed (Sperm and Ovum).
How Can Ayurveda Help In Infertility?
- In Ayurveda, the conception of child is not merely a result of physical intimacy but is treated as physical, emotional and spiritual phenomenon.
- For creating a healthy child it is believed that both men and women should be physically and mentally healthy so that they can produce healthy seeds i.e female ovum and male sperm for conception. This is necessary so that all good qualities can be passed on to your child.
- For improving overall sexual health in men and women, Ayurveda has a special branch known as “Vajeekarana”. “Vajeekarana” means to make one potent like a Horse –vaji.
- In both men and women, reproductive health depends upon the health of “shukra dhatu”. In women the “shukra dhatu” produces the ovum and in men it is responsible for producing the semen.
Treatment for Infertility :-
- Naturopathy Therapy
- Panchkarma therapy
- keralian Therapy
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Fallopian tubal blocks
- fibroid uterus
- Ovarian cysts
- Oligospermia (Less sperm count)
- Asthenospermia (Less motility of sperms).
Also are the cause of Infertility, Specialized Above therapy also helpful in curing them.