- Aging is an inevitable process wherein the body gradually undergoes degeneration of its various tissues. So, when we look at anti-aging and longevity in Ayurveda, we are considering techniques that will restore this memory of consciousness into every cell of the body.
- When we use the word longevity , we mean extending life, growing old gracefully, staying healthy the whole way. We often measure longevity in numbers—eighty, ninety, one hundred years. To reach this goal, Ayurveda, we mean something different—life extension is considered a side benefit of a very comprehensive approach to life itself.. It studies how to be fulfilled and reach full human potential now, rather than simply adding a few good years.
- Ayurveda focuses on connecting the mind, body, and self. The self represents the field of consciousness from which, according to Ayurveda, everything comes.
- Ayurveda said that, Vata dosha gets aggravated causing not only premature Aging but also accelerating the natural process of aging , in general is to replace that stress with silence and live life to our full potential, in the eye of the hurricane—calm and powerful.
The reasons why skin gets aged can be divided as internal (psychological) and external (Environment) factors.
01. Primary psychological conditions such as:-
- Kama (lust)
- Krodha (anger)
- Lobh (greed)
- Moha (delusion)
- Irshya (jealousy)
- Mana (pride)
- Mada (euphoria)
- Shoka (sorrow, grief)
- Chinta (anxiety)
- Udvega (neurosis)
- Bhaya (fear)
- Harsha (happiness)
02. External factors such as:-
- Exposure to sun
- Exposure to cold
- Poor diet
- Too much stress
- Lack of exercise
The right solution is to find out a way of life where these factors do not affect your physical and mental well being. And more over if your health is good then your capacity to work will increase many fold. The element of perception indicates that human responses reflect differences in personality as well as differences in physical strength or health.
- The goal of Ayurvedic treatments is not only to bring about the slowing down of the Aging process but also to make the body work at its best and bring vitality and peace to individuals.
- Ayurveda endeavors to bring Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas in perfect balance.
- Pancha karma and detoxification along with taking the right foods and herbs to nourish you, while releasing negative emotional patterns, you can enjoy longevity and spiritual well being.
(a) Shodhana Chikitsa:-
When doshas are vitated in large guantity & disease is chronic then shodhan chikitsa should apply first. Acharyas have classified shodhana as:-
- Basti Karma
- Vaman Karma
- Virechana Karma
- Nasya Karma
- Raktamokshana (Bloodletting)
(b) Shaman Chikitsa:-
When doshas are minimally imbalanced & the body is weak. Shaman Treatment is more important. Shaman treatment can be classified as external & internal. Administration of proper food, medicines by mouth is internal treatment & the application of medicated oil, lepa (ointment), etc is external treatment.
Treatment Includes :-
The proper application of these therapies helps to reduce the biological ageing and increases working capability. The clarity of these faculties (indriya prasada) leads to clarity of mind. Special Techniques used Include:-
The body is massaged with warm, herbalized oils by one or more therapists working in perfect unison. This promotes deep relaxation and gently stimulates the marma points leading to a state of mental balance and heightened awareness. This is the renowned "oil massage" of Ayurveda.
An herbalized steam treatment promotes perspiration and elimination of toxins from the fatty tissues and nerves via the sweat glands. This treatment also optimizes the circulation and dissolves impurities.
A continuous stream of warm, herbal oil flows from an overhead vessel through a small aperture onto the forehead. This treatment is said to purify the mind-body, and profoundly relax the nervous system. Individuals experience twilight states of consciousness between waking and dreaming.
A general term for therapies in which herbal pastes (or muds) are applied to all parts of the body. patients are wrapped in warm blankets and the paste removed when dry. This treatment exfoliates the skin, penetrates to the muscles and fat tissues, and removes impurities. Useful in stimulating weight reduction.
Other Therapies such as :-
- Shiro Vasti-keeping herbal oil in a cap fitted on head.
- Shashtika shali pinda sweda
- Sarvanga kheera dhara
- Nethra Tharpana
- Hot and cold Fomentation
- Mud Therapy
Other Therapy Offer:-
- Life Style Modification